Lighthouse Occupational Therapy
Spotlight on Solutions
Lighthouse Occupational Therapy Provides Services for Adult Clients
- Wheelchair and seating prescription for adults with spinal injuries, progressive neurological conditions, traumatic brain injury, palliative care and other disability groups
- Assessments for specialty controls for powered mobility
- Prevention of secondary complications such as pressure injuries, shoulder injuries, and through customising your wheelchair and seating to meet your needs
- Postural management advice
Assistive Technology Assessments
- Assistive Technology Equipment advice and prescription, for aids and equipment to help you to do everyday tasks as safely and independently as possible.
- Equipment options that can be assessed include transfer aids, manual handling equipment, hoists, power lift chairs, bathing and toileting equipment, pressure care equipment, beds, mattresses, wheelchairs, scooters, home automation, technology access and more
- Non-structural Home modifications: rails, ramps, step modifications, platform lifts
- We visit you to see how you are managing at home. Occupational Therapy Home Assessment reports provided as required
- Solutions and strategies offered to improve or maintain your independence, and make things more manageable for you and your carers
NDIS Assessments and Reporting
- Experience working with NDIS since commencement of scheme in 2016
- NDIS Access Assessments to support your eligibility application
- Completion of Reports to support requests for funding through NDIS according to Reasonable and Necessary Guidelines (including Assistive Technology- Equipment and Home Modifications, Plan Reviews and such).
Occupational Therapy and Case Management for Insurance Schemes
- icare Lifetime Care and Workers Care- Spinal injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, Amputations
- Support for clients from other insurers available on request
- Customised training to your carer support team and loved ones to help support your needs. i.e. manual handling, capacity building strategies and programme development, management of cognitive decline, falls prevention, pressure care education
- Strategies offered to support you to live as fully and as comfortably as possible, to maintain quality of life, when living with a life-limiting illness
- Advice and education provided to support your care needs at home
Training and Clinical Supervision for Occupational Therapists: Clinical Supervision
- Packages available for occupational therapists for face to face, online or teleconference clinical supervision. Quote available on request.
- Full-day and Half-Day Evidence-Based Training Courses available with real-world application and skills to assist you and your team with assessing, prescribing and setting up equipment related to seating and positioning. Courses include interventions for pressure care and wheelchair prescription. Quote available on request.
Lighthouse Occupational Therapy cares about people in our local community, and supports local charity organisations, doing great work in the Newcastle area.